As a Unicef Bronze Rights Respecting School, our new SMART School Council, set up in September 2020, hopes to give all of our children a voice and be as child-led as possible. It provides a framework that maximises children’s participation and through which children can suggest, discuss and implement changes and issues in the school that affect them.
A class meeting, ran by the pupils, takes place every Wednesday for Years 1-6, where the whole class discuss, answer and feedback on a question that has been put to the whole-school.
Our Communications Team, made up of children from Upper Key Stage 2, will then meet with the leads (Alex and Lauren) to discuss the results of these class meetings, decide future class meeting questions and feedback to SLT. In response to this, our Action Teams, made up student volunteers across the school, will then decide how they might work together to enact positive change across the school.
Clara Grant's School Council aim to plan, organise and monitor small projects within the school.
Our School Council aims to encourage Clara Grant children to:
- Develop confidence and responsibility and make the most of their abilities
- Prepare them to play an active role as citizens of Britain
- Develop healthy, safer lifestyles
- Develop good relationships and respect the differences between people
- To have a “voice” and to share their opinions and ideas with others